Sunday, September 14, 2008

Letter from a 2-year-old

Mom was going through her old things and gave me this letter from K, sent many years ago. I thought it was worth sharing...

Dear Gma,

Thank you for the letter. The first thing I noticed was the train stamp. Mom showed me the envelope and showed me my name, then I, very excitedly, showed HER the train. I liked the stickers too, but was a little disappointed at first that they were "stuck!" Mom and I went to the bank and I read my letter the whole way. When we got to the drive-up window, I showed it to the teller and told her all about it, but when she answered, I got shy and turned away. Mom said she smiled real big and said I was "so cute". (How does everybody know my other name?)

When we got home, I helped Mom make a cake. She even let me pick three eggs out of the refrigerator. I stood on a chair and watched as Mom cracked them open. I licked the beater and watched the cake bake in the oven. Then, after dinner, I ate it!

I'm very busy being two and a half. I'm talking lots--well, I always have, but now Mom and Dad are hearing better. Today, when Mom and I got home, we parked outside Laura's room. I lookd at her window and said, " 'Ts gone, da cat!" Well, the LAST time we came home, Annie was in the window, but this time she wasn't. I'm enjoying watching Cinderella (over and over). Mom found the book last night and I read it to her. We read lots of books--mostly, I read and Mom tries to only turn one page at a time. (She's no speed reader.)

I'm practicing lots of words with Gracie. She is getting BIG. She and I are both learning manners--don't pounce, don't bite, get down, be gentle. Mostly, I say to Gracie, "Let go!" and she says to me, "Yipe!", which, loosely translated, means "Get off!"

Well, it's bedtime now. I love you and am saving a hug for you (and a smile). K

No comments: