Thursday, July 3, 2008

You light up the room!!


(6-30-08)

We had a guest speaker at church last night. As J was out of town, I invited L and she came!! I was smiling from ear to ear as people who knew her greeted her and I got to introduce her to friends of mine who did not know her.

At Gma Smiley's memorial, someone commented that family had visited and come to church with her recently and she just beamed the whole time. Now I understand, and NOW I understand God's heart a little better too!! Even though we see L every day (Thank you, Jesus!!!), when she comes in the morning she lights up the room. Same with K, when he gets out of bed and comes to give us hugs and kisses. There is just something in our hearts that rejoices absolutely completely when we see our kids after even a few hours apart.

That is what God feels when we enter His presence. I think we miss that sometimes. We light up the room for Him, just as our kids light up the room for us. I need to remember that, all of us need to remember that. And I know God was beaming yesterday morning at all the people who came to "his house"...and last night as well. What a cool image that is. And can you imagine what Heaven will be like?---How His face will light up then?

No comments: