Sunday, November 2, 2008

Just Do It


Yesterday I went to visit my friend who is now in a rehablitation center. L went with me, but the room was hot and she was coming down with something, and so she excused herself to go out and get some fresh air. On her way she met "Bob", an 82-year-old WWII vet who is dying from lung cancer. In the short time that she visited with him, she sure learned a lot about him and it was interesting. I think she plans to go back to visit with him some more.

In church this morning, Dennis got up and gave us a word about just having God's heart for the people God brings to us. A while ago, at our ladies' meeting, a woman spoke about just reaching out to her neighbors, just touching that little bit of her world, bringing God's light and love to her little corner. This seems to be a theme that we are hearing over and over this year!

It occurred to me that L didn't HAVE to accompany me to visit my friend, but she did. And God was able to use her to touch another person simply because she was there and she wss 'connected' and she was willing to have God's heart for a stranger.

May we have the capacity this season to slow down and really see the people around us, and to have God's heart for them, and to be His hands and His mouth.

No comments: